Be a Presenter
In order to keep the Not So Simple Living Fair very affordable for anyone who wants to learn about sustainable living skills, all of the organizers and presenters volunteer their time. The Fair provides presenters with free camping, $10 food vouchers, a delicious potluck supper and dance Saturday night and a wonderful venue to teach their skills and meet other people who share their interests.
Want to be at presenter in 2017? Apply here.
Be a Volunteer
Many hands make for light work and more fun for all. Be a part of the inner workings of the NSSLF! In exchange for free admittance for one day, volunteer 3 hours a day to help us with a variety of tasks such as working at the entrance gates, setting up and tearing down the stage, clean up after the event, kids area, kitchen & potluck, presenter support, and a few other specialized tasks. Work a total of 4.5 hours to gain free admittance to the entire event. Volunteering must be arranged before the day of the event. We’d love to schedule you in! Call Jade at 707-895-3354 or email@example.com.
- Put up posters (and re-poster if needed) throughout Northern California.
- Help the publicity team by posting to social media sites on a regular basis.
- Help with set up on Friday afternoon,
- Clean up on Sunday in the late afternoon and early evening.
- At the Gates – welcoming people, taking tickets and answering questions.
- During the potluck — putting out dishes, keeping the tables clean and helping with the after-potluck-clean up.
- In the Kids Area – leading and helping to lead activities.
- In the Presenter Hospitality area – setting up, putting out food and drinks, keeping the area tidy, and cleaning up.
- For Restroom Patrol – making sure there are TP and paper towels, keeping the area tidy, and sweeping and mopping on Sunday. A great job for a couple who want to work between workshops.
Join the Marketplace
The Fair is seeking cottage industry vendors for the Market Place. Join us for a weekend of Rural Life Skills, Music, Local Potluck, Community. Sell your wares, share your skills, meet like minded people. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read and complete the following application by July 1.